April 30, 2011

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy 

Worldcat Summary: 
In a kingdom called the Dells, Fire is the last human-shaped monster, with unimaginable beauty and the ability to control the minds of those around her, but even with these gifts she cannot escape the strife that overcomes her world.

Bookskoetter Rating: 4/5

Bookskoetter Review: 
I quickly found myself mesmerized by the complex world spun by Kristin Cashore in her book, Fire.  After the first couple of chapters, I knew I was going to be camped out on the couch reading for the weekend.  While I found the book to have occasional slow spots, and to be slightly too romantic at times, I felt that overall, the book was quite excellent!  I haven't yet read Graceling, Cashore's first book about the kingdom of the Dells (and also the 2nd place winner of the 2011 Gateway Award), but I was happy to discover that you don't have to read Graceling before reading Fire.  After finishing Fire, I immediately put Graceling on hold!  I can't wait to read more about this world!

No comments: