January 31, 2012

Blogging Update

I am excited (and a little frightened?) about all of the reading that I will be doing this semester!  I am taking two reading-intensive courses for my Masters in Library Science that will require me to read 3-6 books a week!  One class is a Teen Library Materials class, in which I will read a lot of young adult novels.  The other is a Readers Advisory class, where I will be focusing on adult-level novels (which I haven't read much of lately).  


How will I read all of these books?  Well, my friends, at any given time I am reading three books: one book in print to read while I am eating breakfast / lunch, before I go to bed, etc... one audiobook in the car to listen to while I am driving, and one downloadable audiobook in my house that I listen to while I am doing dishes, laundry, getting ready in the morning, etc... Crazy?  Perhaps ( :

Needless to say, I will not be blogging about every single book that I read.  I will focus on reviewing recently published (or fairly recently anyways) young adult novels, or adult-level novels that have young adult appeal.

So far this semester, I have read the following:
   1. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.  My rating: 2/5
   2. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.  My rating: 3/5
   3. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. My rating: 4/5
   4. Speak by  Laurie Halse Anderson. My rating: 4/5
   5. Crank by Ellen Hopkins. My rating: 3/5
   6. Midnight in the Dragon Cafe by Judy Fong Bates. My rating: 1.5/5

I am currently reading:
   - Shine by Lauren Myracle (book)
    - Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (audiobook cd in car)
   - Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen (audiobook on computer in house)

I recently read, but have not blogged about:
   - The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan.  My rating: 3/5
   - Something else that I can't remember?

I recently started, but gave up on:
   - Boy meets boy by David Levithan (was listening to the audiobook, and the voices annoyed me!)
   - The Death Cure (started it in the car while I was waiting for another audiobook, but had to quit.  I will definitely finish it eventually!)

No comments: