December 15, 2011

Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy

Worldcat Summary: 
A wealthy sorcerer's invitation to sing with his automaton leads seventeen-year-old Nimira, whose family's disgrace brought her from a palace to poverty, into political intrigue, enchantments, and a friendship with a fairy prince who needs her help.

Bookskoetter Rating:=3/5


Bookskoetter Review: 
I actually finished reading this book about a three weeks ago, and am just now reviewing it.  When I was reading the book, I remember finding the plot interesting and fairly fast-paced.  However, now that I am actually reviewing it, I am having a difficult time truly remembering what it was about.  This is partly due to the fact that I read four books in one week (I was sick with the stomach flu during Thanksgiving Break).  Another factor, however, is that while the book was good, it wasn't particularly memorable.  I would recommend it to fantasy fans, especially those that aren't necessarily interested in classic fantasies (dwarves, elves, etc...), but who enjoy books like Fire and Graceling by Kristin Cashore.

No comments: