January 4, 2012

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Realistic Fiction

Worldcat Summary: 
In the months after her sister dies, seventeen-year-old Lennie falls into a love triangle and discovers the strength to follow her dream of becoming a musician. 

Bookskoetter Rating:=4/5


Bookskoetter Review: 
Yay!  Another good read.  I have to say, I really surprised myself by liking this book (normally, I cannot be bothered to read realistic fiction starring grief and a love triangle). However, the protagonist of the story, a spunky girl with an interesting family, really won me over.  I predict that this book, which is on the list of next year's Gateway nominees, will be a favorite - especially among girls.  I would recommend it to readers that enjoy realistic fiction that is sad, yet hopeful - especially those that enjoyed the book If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

1 comment:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked this one-this one really grew on me as I read it and I think it will be a popular Gateway read.