January 4, 2012

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Dystopian / Sci-Fi

Worldcat Summary: 
After surviving horrific conditions in the Maze, Thomas is entrapped, along with nineteen other boys, in a scientific experiment designed to observe their responses and gather data believed to be essential for the survival of the human race. 

Bookskoetter Rating:=4/5


Bookskoetter Review: 
This is the sequel to the Maze Runner.  I actually finished it a couple of days after the Maze Runner, but am late in reviewing it!  As with the first book, I felt it was creative, interesting, and fast-paced, even if the dialogue was a little obnoxious at times.  The ending will leave readers dying to know what happens next, but provides enough resolution to prevent readers from being frustrated.  I have the Death Cure on hold, but it may be awhile before I get my hands on it!  Keep your eyes out for a review in the coming weeks!

No comments: