June 18, 2011

Behind on blogging

Wow!  School let out, summer began and instead of doing a better job keeping up with my blog, as I expected, I have gotten super-behind!  I have been busy reading, kayaking, taking grad school classes, and doing stay-at-home mom things with my ten month old.  Since last blogging, I have read the following books:

1. The Morgue and Me by John C. Ford   (current Gateway nominee)
2. Graceling by Kristin Cashore   (Gateway nominee from 2010-2011)
3. Muchacho: a novel by Louanne Johnson   (current Gateway nominee)
4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater   (current Gateway nominee)
5. King of the Screwups by K.L. Going   (current Gateway nominee)
6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth

My plan is to get caught up with the above books as I have time.  However, it may take me a little bit.  Meanwhile, I will blog about books I am reading as I go.  I will say that my absolute favorite of all of the above books was Divergent.  It was recommended to me by Sarah Bean Thompson  (see her book blog here) and it was fantastic!  It will be the first book that has earned a 5/5 rating since I began this blog.

No comments: