June 18, 2011

Gateway Read #2: The Morgue and Me by John C. Ford

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Murder Mystery

Worldcat Summary: 
Eighteen-year-old Christopher, who plans to be a spy, learns of a murder cover-up through his summer job as a morgue assistant and teams up with Tina, a gorgeous newspaper reporter, to investigate, despite great danger.

Bookskoetter Rating: 3/5


Bookskoetter Review: 
I don't usually read mysteries, but I actually enjoyed this book.  While it didn't keep me on the edge of my seat, I imagine that if mystery was my favorite genre, I may have been more captivated.  I found John Ford's writing to be surprisingly fresh, creative, and edgy.  I found that John C.c Ford's well-crafted writing grabbed my attention more than any other feature in his novel.  I would recommend this novel to any teen who is craving a good mystery.

No comments: