July 26, 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Sci-fi / Dystopian

Worldcat Summary: 
Teenaged Amy, a cryogenically frozen passenger on the spaceship Godspeed, wakes up to discover that someone may have tried to murder her.

Bookskoetter Rating: 4/5

Bookskoetter Review: 
I decided to take a break from reading Gateway nominees to read Across the Universe, which came highly recommended to me and was touted as being the "next big thing."  I found myself to disagree with that statement, but I still thought it was a pretty good book.  The storyline itself was interesting, creative, and exciting.  The protagonists, Amy and Elder, are likeable characters who find themselves battling together to uncover a web of lies that has brought them both into uniquely difficult situations. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves dystopian or sci-fi novels, and who is interested in a good read!  

No comments: