July 26, 2011

Gateway Read #6: Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Realistic

Worldcat Summary: 
"Telephoto lens. Zoom. In a shutter release millisecond, Blake's world turns upside down. The nameless woman with the snake tattoo is not just another assignment. 'That's my mom!' gasps Marissa. Saturated self-portrait: Blake, nice guy, class clown, always trying to get a laugh, not sure where to focus. Contrast. Shannon, Blake's GF. Total. Babe. Marissa, just a friend and fellow photographer. Shannon loves him; Marissa needs him. How is he supposed to frame them both in one shot?" - dust cover flap

Bookskoetter Rating: 2.5/5


Bookskoetter Review: 
Flash Burnout was an okay read.  I definitely found it to be entertaining and comical, and an interesting look into a teenage boy's brain.  However, the storyline just wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I found it to be a little too high school drama-ish (however, maybe I wouldn't be saying that if I were still in high school?).  I would recommend this book to teens who like realistic fiction and photography.   

No comments: