July 26, 2011

Harry Potter 7 Part 2 Review and Pictures!

Better late than never!  I have been meaning to post this for quite awhile, but am only now getting caught up on my book blog!  I have been very busy this summer with classes for my master's degree, and with enjoying my summer doing fun things like kayaking, going to and giving storytimes, and reading!

I have only seen Harry Potter 7 Part 2 twice so far, but plan to see it many more times while it is still in theaters.  I have to say that it was my favorite movie yet, with Part 1 being a close second, followed by the Order of the Phoenix.  And while I was initially skeptical of the film-maker's decision to make the seventh book into two movies, I am now very much relieved that they decided to give fans a more complete story.  Shoving it all into one movie would have forced them to make so many cuts that fans (including myself) would have been outraged and disappointed.

As in Part 1, the film makers did a great job of following closely to the book, only making minor changes throughout most of the movie that didn't really affect the storyline.  My one problem with the film was that they changed a little too much at the end.  I suppose it could have been much worse -  they really could have changed much more, and really screwed things up.  However, without giving too much away to those who have not yet seen the film, I will say that I was still disappointed in the way they portrayed the final battle between Harry and Voldemort, and with the aftermath of that final battle.

We saw the movie in both 3D and 2D, and while I didn't mind the 3D version, I think I preferred the 2D version.  They really didn't do much with the 3D aspect of the film - it seemed like almost an afterthought compared to other 3D films.

Needless to say, we had a great time going to the midnight showing at Hollywood Theaters here in Springfield, MO.  Of course, we went in costume!  I was (as my "nametag" depitcs) Hermoine-after-she-takes-polyjuice-potion-and-looks-like-Bellatrix.  My husband, who looks like Harry Potter in real life, was Harry-as-Hargrid.  My oldest brother was Tom Riddle, and my sister-in-law was a fabulous Luna Lovegood you can't see her awesome tights, crazy socks, and pink sketchers in this picture, but they are there!).  While waiting in line, we had out pictures taken several times and ended up on the news!  We spent our time in line drinking butterbeer (delicious!) and doing Harry Potter trivia on my brothers iPad.  Oh, and being admired of course ( :

No comments: