July 27, 2011

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Dystopian

Worldcat Summary: 
In a future Chicago, sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

Bookskoetter Rating: 5/5


Bookskoetter Review: 
This is the best book I have read since I began this blog!  I was absolutely captivated by the story and could not put it down.  Unlike Across the Universe, I can definitely see this book being "the next big thing."  I found both the protagonist and the world she lived in to be intriguing and complex.  This book combines a good balance of excitement, sacrifice, danger, violence, betrayal, and romance
(but not too much!).  I have heard rumors that there will be a sequel, which I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE will come out soon!  Readers who enjoyed The Hunger Games, and The Uglies will enjoy this book!   

No comments: